Oh no! 😬

Moderators: Borch, Executive Admin - !OHMY!, 4-Star Admin - |OHMY|

Homestar
[OHMY] Member
[OHMY] Member

Oh no! 😬

Post by Homestar »

So I was playing on our server and everything was going swimmingly.
Then during a map download the SHTF.
My PC did all kinds of weird responses to buttons.
Notably if I hit esc button the game minimizes to desk top instead of escaping to main menu.
The worst part, I cannot text in game. Cannot team chat cannot chat via game texting.
I think Shartnado had this issue.
Is there a fix for this?
😞
Homestar
[OHMY] Member
[OHMY] Member

Re: Oh no! 😬

Post by Homestar »

Never mind, texting is working today.
Disregard.
But honestly, it’s time for a new PC.
bonehill
(OHMY) Senior Admin
(OHMY) Senior Admin

Post by bonehill »

Hey Homestar,be careful what you wish for! I bought a new dell PC to replace my 11 year old one and havent been able to access OHMY cod2 since,not on steam,not on original dvd and not on original downloads. This Christmas I gave it my best the very next day it was not just the turkey that got stuffed!
Borch
!OHMY! Executive Admin
!OHMY! Executive Admin

Post by Borch »

You should be able to do the steam thing if you bought it there.
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
Is life worth living? That depends on the liver.
Homestar
[OHMY] Member
[OHMY] Member

Post by Homestar »

bonehill wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 4:47 pm Hey Homestar,be careful what you wish for! I bought a new dell PC to replace my 11 year old one and havent been able to access OHMY cod2 since,not on steam,not on original dvd and not on original downloads. This Christmas I gave it my best the very next day it was not just the turkey that got stuffed!
That is an extreme nightmare.
The PC I use now I got 4 years ago. I had to switch from CD game to Steam.
Horrible.
I can easily visualize a new nightmare to follow.
|OHMY| Head Admin
|OHMY| Head Admin

Post by 10001110101 »

bonehill wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 4:47 pm Hey Homestar,be careful what you wish for! I bought a new dell PC to replace my 11 year old one and havent been able to access OHMY cod2 since,not on steam,not on original dvd and not on original downloads. This Christmas I gave it my best the very next day it was not just the turkey that got stuffed!

bonehill did you get sorted? I have files uploaded to google drive I can share. You just unzip them, put them where you want the game, create a shortcut, and that's it. No disc needed. I can give you a key code as well if it won't accept the one you have from steam/old disks. I can get on TS to help walk you through it if need be as well. Just let me know if I can help.
bonehill
(OHMY) Senior Admin
(OHMY) Senior Admin

Post by bonehill »

Hi Binary - Thanks for the offer which I would greatly like to accept!
No, I havent been able to get on OHMY or any site for that matter - really not to sure what the issue is,I've had various things thrown up on screen depending on whether I am trying to load my original dvd cod2,or use steam and tried querying with Activison but no response other than they would look at it-which they did then came back to me 4 times for more info then asked if I had resolved my problem yet!
If you give me a time that suits you, I'll meet up on teamspeak or/and give you my email or Shart could forward it if easier.
Cheers,
Bonehill
Homestar
[OHMY] Member
[OHMY] Member

Post by Homestar »

Bonehill
Did your new computer make playing the game any better?
Faster and improved hit registration?
Was the new PC worth the money?

Dean
bonehill
(OHMY) Senior Admin
(OHMY) Senior Admin

Post by bonehill »

Hi Homestar
Yes Im very pleased with the new pc. Worth the money?-I hope so! Registration has definitly improved. Apart from the clarity of the game with the larger screen and updated graphics card from a (very) old Radeon 5450 to Gforce RTX 3060Ti which techies describe as insanely faster, it does seem to have reduced ping by a few points which has probably also speeded up reaction times/registration. So far so good and no small thanks to Happy,Borch,Sasquatch,Shart and Lord Flash for all the assistance in setting up COD2 again on the new system. I still have an isssue during game play when I lose some movement like ''shoot'' drops off from left mouse to unbound ,''jump'' and a few others -pretty vital when playing! But hope to sort that out soon. Apart from all that its a joy to switch on and have instant use of a pc rather than waiting for ever to see stuff load as was the case on the old one!
Thanks
Bonehill
Shartnado
!OHMY! Executive Admin
!OHMY! Executive Admin

Re: Oh no!

Post by Shartnado »

Boney,
May I suggest you open your config file and paste it here? We might be able to see what is up with your binds (movement, shooting, etc.).