Limiting players joining close games.

Post your bugs, server change requests here. Will be discussed at the admin meeting the first Sunday of every month.

Moderators: Borch, Executive Admin - !OHMY!, 4-Star Admin - |OHMY|

LoanShark
(OHMY) Senior Admin
(OHMY) Senior Admin

Limiting players joining close games.

Post by LoanShark »

There's been discussion about ways to prevent new player from joining a close game within the last few minutes of gameplay. My thought was that if the numbers of players already in game was already even and there was only a one point spread, that a new player couldn't join within the last say 4 minutes of the game, maybe 5? Or some variation that would try to maintain the integrity of the existing players by a new player suddenly joining one team and throwing off the balance of power.

Just a thought. Others can chime in with their thoughts on the subject.
Hello Loanshark here. Live in Northern California, near Sacramento, CA. Retired from Federal Govt and 40 years as a commercial lander. Hobbies: Computers, Woodworking and COD!
sexymamag
!OHMY! Executive Admin
!OHMY! Executive Admin

Re: Limiting players joining close games.

Post by sexymamag »

i try not to join when teams are even but agree on that . it kinda throws everything off
bonehill
(OHMY) Senior Admin
(OHMY) Senior Admin

Post by bonehill »

Couldnt agree more ! -5 mins would be good,not long to play/wait but enough to give even teams even chance when close and sometimes when not even close!
Pengy
$OHMY$ Admin

Post by Pengy »

Totally agree with ya, there are a couple of peeps on here who just come in to p people off right at the last couple of mins. By all means come in if the teams are one down and it looks like OT.

Another thing that gets my goat is the number of peeps who for some reason or another just stop playing for a few mins the server kicks em if no movement after a while but if they are killed the clock restarts again so potentially they could be gone all game unless kicked.
Surely people can wait for a pee pee or getting a beer or whatever takes em away temporally until the end if not just leave the game for a bit.

I am not going to mention open mics cos I just love listening to other peeps phone calls- breathing- family arguments - snoring ( sry Boney ) and the likes.
Any way rant over gonna stick my head in the oven now.