SERVER CHANGES

[OHMY] CTF Server & TeamSpeak addresses

Moderators: Borch, Executive Admin - !OHMY!, 4-Star Admin - |OHMY|

Borch
!OHMY! Executive Admin
!OHMY! Executive Admin

Re: SERVER CHANGES

Post by Borch »

Added killzones to the two places on Inferno that I am aware of people being able to get on the roof.
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
Is life worth living? That depends on the liver.
Shartnado
!OHMY! Executive Admin
!OHMY! Executive Admin

Post by Shartnado »

Today I moved the flags further apart (into the woods) on mp_schultzwood.
Borch
!OHMY! Executive Admin
!OHMY! Executive Admin

Post by Borch »

By request, the gravity on the map mp_ems_standoff_3 has been set to 640, 80% of normal, normal being 800.
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
Borch
!OHMY! Executive Admin
!OHMY! Executive Admin

Post by Borch »

Map packed F71b.iwd has caused some to be unable to login without the black screen of death.

We've had problems with this pack before and have renamed it twice, without success, so it is out of consideration for maps in rotation.

Thanks to Keith for isolating the problematic pack. (Jun and Flash also exhibited problems with it).
Maps in this pack:
mp_verschneith_v2, mp_nobstower_v2, mp_verschneit2007final, mp_tankhunt, mp_atlantic, mp_web, mp_neilos.
|OHMY| Head Admin
|OHMY| Head Admin

Post by 10001110101 »

Borch wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:42 pm Map packed F71b.iwd has caused some to be unable to login without the black screen of death.

We've had problems with this pack before and have renamed it twice, without success, so it is out of consideration for maps in rotation.

Thanks to Keith for isolating the problematic pack. (Jun and Flash also exhibited problems with it).
Maps in this pack:
mp_verschneith_v2, mp_nobstower_v2, mp_verschneit2007final, mp_tankhunt, mp_atlantic, mp_web, mp_neilos.
Last week I had issues with the map mp_chateauvalley giving me the BSOD like we experienced this week. It only happened on that one map though unlike this week where we had it on every map. Just thought it might be a good idea to make note of it in case there are issues in the future.
Borch
!OHMY! Executive Admin
!OHMY! Executive Admin

Post by Borch »

Thanks for letting me know, I have some ideas on how to work on this issue.
Borch
!OHMY! Executive Admin
!OHMY! Executive Admin

Pistol initial load and spare rounds reduction

Post by Borch »

Changed pistol initial load to 8 with additional 8 rounds for reloading. Folks been complaining about pistols, this should reduce the number of people using only the pistol.

FYI, been looking at why we have map incompatibilities, haven't yet really found the cause yet. Some of the more recent maps did not have their sources on the server to look at, trying to compare files in a database to see which files included in the map packs conflict.
Borch
!OHMY! Executive Admin
!OHMY! Executive Admin

Post by Borch »

Changed smoke color to normal white/grey. Was reading and saw that colored smoke does not work with killcam. Also, this disguises who threw the smoke.
|OHMY| Head Admin
|OHMY| Head Admin

Post by 10001110101 »

Borch wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:19 pm Changed smoke color to normal white/grey. Was reading and saw that colored smoke does not work with killcam. Also, this disguises who threw the smoke.
It's been forever since I detailed the issues with smoke/killcam on the extreme forums but I think the issue is true of all smoke. I had videos showing what happens (across multiple extreme servers) but I think they've been lost long ago. We don't run killcam so it shouldn't be an issue for us... just know if someone turns killcam on that likely you're going to have players having periods where smoke isn't rendered for them. I wish I remembered the details. Something along the lines of if someone throws smoke, you die, then respawn then smoke doesn't render for that player anymore. Two to three people could test it pretty quickly if we ever needed the specifics.
Borch
!OHMY! Executive Admin
!OHMY! Executive Admin

Post by Borch »

Turned on objective indicators, it should show where the flagpoles are, even if no flag is there.