SERVER CHANGES

[OHMY] CTF Server & TeamSpeak addresses

Moderators: Borch, Executive Admin - !OHMY!, 4-Star Admin - |OHMY|

Shartnado
!OHMY! Executive Admin
!OHMY! Executive Admin

Re: SERVER CHANGES

Post by Shartnado »

It took me a while to get used to the three rotations we use. For those that do not know how these work, I'll explain:

When 0-7 players are on the server, the "small rotation" is implemented. These are maps that I've selected that are good for 1 v 1, 2 v 2, 3 v 3. These are very small maps like Leningrad, aim maps, and arena maps. Toujane is always in this rotation.

When 8-13 players are on the server, the "medium rotation" is implemented. These are maps that I've selected that are good for 3 v 3, 4 v 4, and 5 v 5. These are small to medium maps like Carentan, Burgundy, and other medium sized custom maps. Toujane, Rats, and Houn are always in this rotation

When 14+ players are on the server, the "large rotation" is implemented. These are maps that I've selected that are good for 5 v 5 and up. These are medium to large maps like Dawnville, Caen, and other medium to large sized custom maps. Toujane and Houn are always in this rotation.

I used to think that a single rotation was fine, but many times a large map would come on with only 2 people on the server. No admin on the server, so these players would leave.

With these population based rotations we can better deliver the appropriate sized maps to our players.

Borch's tweak of removing players after 9 minutes of spectating helps keep the ACTUAL number of PLAYERS more precise. Therefore, the best rotation would be deployed.

There has been a couple of people that consider this an outrage, and I just don't see why. It takes all of 10 seconds to rejoin the server if you happen to be away for a quick meal. 10 seconds.

My concern is that we will see a drop in our GameTracker rating, as we will have fewer people on the server.

But I believe Borch's move is a good one. Worthy of further discussion on Sunday.
Borch
!OHMY! Executive Admin
!OHMY! Executive Admin

Post by Borch »

It would be interesting if there is a way to modify the code to look for active players only in the map rotation count, but might be a lot of effort without a guaranteed result. Might be in the 3.0 version, haven't looked, but I would like to move to the 3.0 to make sure we have the latest and greatest before making changes like that.
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
Is life worth living? That depends on the liver.
|OHMY| Head Admin
|OHMY| Head Admin

Post by 10001110101 »

Was there a problem where there weren't admins on to change maps if people weren't happy? I understand the way the rotation is set up and why. But was it a problem people are facing that isn't being addressed by admins? We're almost to the point where when we have an admin meeting there's nobody left to play. Which is fine with me. Give it to everyone who's been here a while. I like being able to play or not play from spectate. There are times I play 2 mins at a time. Getting in and out of the game to see if teams are even etc. just makes that untenable. I try not to leave it unattended and maybe that's the answer. Ask people to make an effort to exit the game if they aren't going to be at least in and out of the game. Rather than kicking members to the curb as a first resort?
Borch
!OHMY! Executive Admin
!OHMY! Executive Admin

Post by Borch »

Having admins change the maps takes away the map rotation that shart has devised.

I have binds where I can do a map_rotate or a map_restart, but anything beyond that requires me to login to the internal rcon control, which takes some time and is annoying, as I do not login to the internal rcon unless I need to.
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
|OHMY| Head Admin
|OHMY| Head Admin

Post by 10001110101 »

I don't think actively removing people from a server in a game that has an extremely limited population is smart. But carry on however is convenient.
Shartnado
!OHMY! Executive Admin
!OHMY! Executive Admin

Post by Shartnado »

Just wanted to let you know I reactivated the flame throwers. A few have asked for them back and I see no real harm as they really aren't a very effective weapon. We can discuss more at the admin meeting.
Borch
!OHMY! Executive Admin
!OHMY! Executive Admin

Post by Borch »

Today and yesterday I put a self-signed certificate on our game server so that those who access it via http will use https, which will hopefully prevent folks from grabbing their passwords.

Also installed phpmyadmin, so that I could look over the b3 data, trying to find this name changer with the script. No luck as yet.
Borch
!OHMY! Executive Admin
!OHMY! Executive Admin

Post by Borch »

Shart has installed new rotations:
Maps, by size:

Small rotation
ohmy_house
mp_burgundy
mp_nobstower_v2
mp_bandit
mp_thriller2
mp_beach
mp_toujane
mp_island_fortress
mp_breakout
mp_its
mp_tobruk
mp_zaafrane
mp_leningrad

Med rotation
mp_dark_forrest_v2
mp_rouen
mp_wiehl
mp_carentan
rmg_bojangles_bay
mp_gunslingers
mp_web
mp_toujane
mp_decoy_day
mp_railyard
mp_tunis
mp_toujane_rain_v3
mp_gob_rats
mp_tobruk
mp_m4gtown

Large rotation
mp_houn
mp_omgbridge
mp_toujane
mp_riverwoods
mp_burgundy
mp_mayhem2008
mp_bandit
mp_winter_assault_finale
mp_matmata
mp_ao_beta
mp_trainstation
mp_reville_night
mp_dawnville
durdon_cross
mp_harbor
mp_neilos
mp_rhine
mp_atlantic
Borch
!OHMY! Executive Admin
!OHMY! Executive Admin

Post by Borch »

paracsnoksag has an axis spawn immediately next to the allied flag.
Pengy
$OHMY$ Admin

Post by Pengy »

Hilter unmasked https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAnHYYrzdvI

just so you know who your dealing with?