SERVER CHANGES

[OHMY] CTF Server & TeamSpeak addresses

Moderators: Borch, Executive Admin - !OHMY!, 4-Star Admin - |OHMY|

bonehill
(OHMY) Senior Admin
(OHMY) Senior Admin

Re: SERVER CHANGES

Post by bonehill »

Mr Hilter,ve have always known who vi are dealing vith and your name does not full us. Seig hiel,main heir. V shall never reveal vour name Adolf or otherwise. Mums the verd!
Borch
!OHMY! Executive Admin
!OHMY! Executive Admin

Post by Borch »

Note the addition of maps from Happie_happie: ohmy_town, ohmy_bandit,

Current rotations:

Small rotation

mp_hungbulung_v2
mp_burgundy
mp_nobstower_v2
mp_bandit
mp_apok_next
mp_mwspeedball
mp_toujane
mp_island_fortress
mp_breakout
mp_jojo
mp_tobruk
ohmy_bandit
mp_leningrad

Med rotation

mp_farao_eye
mp_rouen
mp_cod_dust
mp_carentan
ohmy_bandit
mp_gunslingers
ohmy_town
mp_toujane
mp_cr_kasserine
mp_railyard
mp_industry
mp_harmata
mp_gob_rats
mp_tobruk
mp_fragcastle

Large rotation

mp_houn
mp_montebourg
mp_toujane
mp_osman
mp_burgundy_v2
ohmy_town
ohmy_bandit
mp_kalstown_v2
mp_mat_dusk_final2
mp_oostum
mp_trainstation
mp_hawk
mp_carentan
mp_downunder
mp_harbor
mp_emt
mp_rhine
mp_gothic
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
Is life worth living? That depends on the liver.
Borch
!OHMY! Executive Admin
!OHMY! Executive Admin

Post by Borch »

With all the complaints about ambient sounds, I investigated and in the 3.0 mod there is an ambient sounds config file, that had WMD ambient sounds, which probably were what has raised the sound levels. I turned them off.
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
Jerms
(OHMY) Senior Admin
(OHMY) Senior Admin

Post by Jerms »

Thanks!
Icecreamman
Registered Player
Registered Player

Post by Icecreamman »

Thank you! B
Borch
!OHMY! Executive Admin
!OHMY! Executive Admin

Post by Borch »

Changed the flame throwers chance of exploding when shot on the tank to be 75% instead of 10% as it was before. Not sure I ever saw it explode before, so do not know if it works at all.

Had changed the color of smoke to grey to see if it showed up on klllcam, it did not. Colors restored.
Borch
!OHMY! Executive Admin
!OHMY! Executive Admin

Post by Borch »

Server changes:
Modified/correct some root-level sql files to be able to extract info from the b3 database regarding ohmy members:

ohmy_members_extract.sql:
use b3;
SELECT ip, guid, name, DATE_ADD('1970-1-1', INTERVAL time_add SECOND),DATE_ADD('1970-1-1', INTERVAL time_edit SECOND) FROM clients WHERE name LIKE "%ohmy%" ORDER BY guid;

script.sql
SELECT b.alias, a.id, b.time_add, a.ip
FROM clients AS a
INNER JOIN aliases AS b ON a.id = b.id
WHERE b.time_add>1620014400
ORDER BY time_add;

In the file
install_rotation.sh
I added two lines to correct a minor error, regarding changing ownership and permissions in the cron jobs that installs a new rotation when it is made:

find . -regex "./[A-Z0-9t].*iwd" -exec chown cod2:www-data {} \;
find . -regex "./[A-Z0-9t].*iwd" -exec chmod 775 {} \;

in the file uninstall_map.sh I corrected some errors where maps were not deleted from the redirect and also from the packContents directory, due to a map name error, which is used by the rotation webpage to create new map rotations.
Borch
!OHMY! Executive Admin
!OHMY! Executive Admin

Post by Borch »

I was looking at server settings, I have changed the following and the effects of these can be discussed at the next admin meeting:

• Changed the settings so shotguns cannot be dropped/picked up, so the only way that you can get a shottie is by having that as your weapon selection.
• Writing the above, it seems that the same thing should be done for sniper rifles, so I have done so.
• Disabled artillery as a WMD, it has been dominating with its 5 barrages over a long period.
• Disabled napalm as a WMD, it is dominating with its long flame time (but not as bad as artillery)
• Airstrikes were available nearly instantly (5 seconds) on reaching the corresponding rank, I have changed this to 30 seconds after reaching that rank that an airstrike is available. (if the change works)
• Subsequent airstrikes were available every minute (supposedly, but they were happening much faster) so I have tried setting this to two minutes for subsequent airstrikes. (if the change works ** IT DOES NOT SEEM TO HAVE WORKED ** scratching my head?)
• Disabled sniper rifles on the map mp_bathroom, which I noticed as available on the map pack and tried it.
• I restored the jump shooting to 100%

Note that I had tried to make changes to the wmd a long while ago, but did not realize at that time that there are two methods in the extreme mod, for wmd to be activated, streak-based and rank-based. The only one we have implemented is rank-based, but I had been changing the streak-based values, which were disabled—needless to say, that didn't work too well.

Also, because so many players are not leaving the server when they quit playing, I have kicked the number of players required for a medium sized map from 6 up to 9. This might make 8 players have to play on a small map when there are no players in spec and there are no admins on the server.
Borch
!OHMY! Executive Admin
!OHMY! Executive Admin

Post by Borch »

The changes I have implemented are implemented either as:
1. experiments, to see how folks like them, to be discussed at the admin meetings
2. changes as requested by individuals in the admin meetings.

As I said, I implemented these changes with the intention of them being discussed at the admin meeting, after folks have experienced them. The shotgun dominance of the server has been driving people away, from what I have heard in ts, so I was looking for a way to reduce that, allow the clan to experience how it is before deciding.
Borch
!OHMY! Executive Admin
!OHMY! Executive Admin

Post by Borch »

Disabled the ability to call airstrikes in the last fifteen seconds of the game. Since the routine that checks for weapons of mass destruction is only called every six seconds, I disabled it at 21 seconds, but it might not happen until 15 seconds, because of delays in running the routine. Players with airstrikes available will be told when they are no longer available.

This change has been implemented to prevent airstrikes from being called before overtime, and then hitting them at spawn in overtime. This is necessary since some individuals were taking delight in taking advantage of that, even though they were asked to not do this.

Carentan has been changed to a halftime map, though the code changes I have made work for all map durations of ctf. Though Carentan is a great, balanced map, this will balance it a bit more.