Punkbuster for PC

Moderators: Borch, Executive Admin - !OHMY!, 4-Star Admin - |OHMY|

Borch
!OHMY! Executive Admin
!OHMY! Executive Admin

Punkbuster for PC

Post by Borch »

I believe this will work easily.

Punkbuster files from my PC installation of COD2 are contained in this zip file. Unzip the file, then drag the uncompressed "pb" folder into your /Program Files (86)/Activision/Call of Duty 2/ folder. This is the same folder that contains your "main" folder--so your folder listing will contain these folders, plus some others, depending on the servers you have played on:

main
o
pb
pb.zip
Punkbuster files for PC.
(3.37 MiB) Downloaded 1064 times
You might already have a pb folder, in which case just add the files in the unzipped "pb" folder to it.

Hope this works, do it, try a punkbuster server, seems to have worked for me, at least.
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
Is life worth living? That depends on the liver.
MrPink
!OHMY! Executive Admin
!OHMY! Executive Admin

Re: Punkbuster for PC

Post by MrPink »

I downloaded and copied over to my pb folder but I already had the files :)

We can try a day of having the COD2 server run with PB on and see if anyone has a problem?
-- !OHMY! Mr.Pink
Borch
!OHMY! Executive Admin
!OHMY! Executive Admin

Post by Borch »

We can try a day of having the COD2 server run with PB on and see if anyone has a problem?
I like that idea.
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
Death From Above
Registered Player
Registered Player

Post by Death From Above »

Won't that pose a problem for players who just wander in (not regulars)? They probably won't go looking for the files and certainly won't know about the website with the downloads and proper instruction for installing.
yosemite
|OHMY| Head Admin
|OHMY| Head Admin

Post by yosemite »

Death From Above wrote:Won't that pose a problem for players who just wander in (not regulars)? They probably won't go looking for the files and certainly won't know about the website with the downloads and proper instruction for installing.

Things that make you go "hmmmmmm" :D
MrPink
!OHMY! Executive Admin
!OHMY! Executive Admin

Post by MrPink »

It certainly might cause an issue with regular traffic on the site. I'd be interested to see if it helps or hurts overall. Servers are listed with indicators for settings including PB so it really shouldn't be a huge surprise to most.

FYI, we haven't decided to do anything yet. Just posing the question.
-- !OHMY! Mr.Pink
Borch
!OHMY! Executive Admin
!OHMY! Executive Admin

Post by Borch »

I am thinking best not to activate it, in perusing the extreme mod, it does not like punkbuster being active for some of its activities.
Foo!
Registered Player
Registered Player

Post by Foo! »

Say NO to Punkbuster 2016!
Foo!
Registered Player
Registered Player

Post by Foo! »

If any of you were sidelined for 3 months because of the whole PB debacle you wouldnt want it either... I couldnt join "that other server" because of it, the problem never got solved. The only way i was able to play again was because Yasha finally turned it OFF. Others will have the same issue.