LATE JOINING

Moderators: Borch, Executive Admin - !OHMY!, 4-Star Admin - |OHMY|

bonehill
(OHMY) Senior Admin
(OHMY) Senior Admin

LATE JOINING

Post by bonehill »

Hi

Playing a very good close game tonight and with minutes to go someone joins in - I kick them and play on 6-6 teams even, another jumps in at crucial points and minutes to go, I kick them to! Then the next player jumps in as people dont seem to
appreciate the ''point'', I jump out. Just seems people have no consideration of the effect an''extra'' has at that later stage of the game so whats the point! Why not hold on until the game is over ,its pointless!!
Shartnado
!OHMY! Executive Admin
!OHMY! Executive Admin

Re: LATE JOINING

Post by Shartnado »

Hi Boney,
I agree with you! 100% frustrating when this happens.
However, I suggest you try a different method than kicking.
1. Warn. If player is in TS, then it's easy. If they are on your team, use in-game speak. If not, use B3 to text in game. People that are immediately kicked will not know WHY they were kicked, and therefore there is no educating them on etiquette.
2. Move to Spectate. Once in spectate, the player will be wondering what happened (if warning was not noticed for whatever reason). This is an opportunity to explain our etiquette.
3. Kick. I would ONLY recommend this if the player becomes belligerent or continues to join once warned and moved to spectate.
What do you think about this suggestion?
Pete
bonehill
(OHMY) Senior Admin
(OHMY) Senior Admin

Re: LATE JOINING

Post by bonehill »

Hi Shart-Yes thats fair comment - I'm not to familiar with these processes so do the quickest ,easiest action to deal with it (knee jerk!)- of course, not everybody will see the reason behind a kick, so those actions you mention are the correct course I see and will revert to, given time or just put up with if not! cheers. Bonehill