Issues-Skating/Delayed kills+deaths/etc.

Post your bugs, server change requests here. Will be discussed at the admin meeting the first Sunday of every month.

Moderators: Borch, Executive Admin - !OHMY!, 4-Star Admin - |OHMY|

|OHMY| Head Admin
|OHMY| Head Admin

Issues-Skating/Delayed kills+deaths/etc.

Post by 10001110101 »

I'm having an issue where I cannot control my player for several seconds. I'll be moving one direction and try to move in another and I skate along until I hit something. I've had this happen randomly in the past but right now it's happening with regularity. I'm also having instances where I'll shoot at someone who is running toward a corner and they get well past the corner and they die after I've even stopped shooting. Same goes in reverse. I get around the corner or prone behind something and it kills me well after I should be covered. I'm killing people and being killed by people and it not show up in the HUD obituary etc. as well. Just a handful of weird things going on and I show no drop in fps, there's no spikes I see in the lagometer, no red lines, nothing. I really have no idea what's causing it but it's rather frustrating.

Anyone else seen this with this sort of frequency? Any ideas how to deal with it?
Borch
!OHMY! Executive Admin
!OHMY! Executive Admin

Re: Issues-Skating/Delayed kills+deaths/etc.

Post by Borch »

How has this been lately?

I had to restart MySQL last week in order for B3 to work properly, and B3 can screw up the server a little bit, if it stalls, because it needs to read the log file, which the game server also writes too, so if it’s reading log in the game, can’t get into it it might do something like this.
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
Is life worth living? That depends on the liver.
|OHMY| Head Admin
|OHMY| Head Admin

Re: Issues-Skating/Delayed kills+deaths/etc.

Post by 10001110101 »

Better today. Like night and day.... but I also restarted everything on my end which I don't do that often. My brain is mush today. Can't remember if I was having this happen elsewhere or not as I don't play a ton on other servers. I know it happened on IAF but I was dropping packets really bad there so don't stick around there too long most of the time.