Re: SERVER CHANGES

Post by TheBigBobert »

Do me next!
|OHMY| Head Admin
|OHMY| Head Admin

Post by 10001110101 »

Borch wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:34 pm

Tell me how you cannot kill anyone again?

Why would I tell you something a second time I never said the first?
Borch
!OHMY! Executive Admin
!OHMY! Executive Admin

Post by Borch »

Because having 6/7 kills when shooting someone doesn't sound like
"So we took the only cod2 server in the history of cod2 where rifles routinely fail to kill someone?"

Sounds like what you really mean is that you should be able to always kill someone?
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
Is life worth living? That depends on the liver.
Borch
!OHMY! Executive Admin
!OHMY! Executive Admin

Post by Borch »

TheBigBobert wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:48 pmDo me next!
What weapon?
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
|OHMY| Head Admin
|OHMY| Head Admin

Post by 10001110101 »

Borch wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:46 am Because having 6/7 kills when shooting someone doesn't sound like
"So we took the only cod2 server in the history of cod2 where rifles routinely fail to kill someone?"

Sounds like what you really mean is that you should be able to always kill someone?
I think I'll step away from this convo. I'm tired of riding the merry go round.
TheBigBobert
[OHMY] Member
[OHMY] Member

Post by TheBigBobert »

Borch wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:49 am
TheBigBobert wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:48 pmDo me next!
What weapon?
Shottie please
Borch
!OHMY! Executive Admin
!OHMY! Executive Admin

Post by Borch »

So if what binary is saying is so, that would indicate it isn't a jumping issue. Have others found this to be the case? Note that some servers can boost rifles in the mod without having to really change anything technically. I have looked at the weapons that Outlaw uses and they have no significant difference (mostly we have faster reloads).

So what can change it other than doing this. If we want, we could try to boost the rifles' strength in the extreme mod settings.

I suppose another issue could be that the server isn't running fast enough, but it looks like it is to me. I have analyzed the processor loading from time to time and it seems quite adequate.
Borch
!OHMY! Executive Admin
!OHMY! Executive Admin

Post by Borch »

Bobert:
3 tanks for every 2 kills. Note that this doesn't take into account partial damage that allows for a kill to happen later. That would be more work than I am willing to do atm.
NyteVysion
[OHMY] Member
[OHMY] Member

Post by NyteVysion »

Curious....

Why do MG's (mp40 and mp44, stating those because those are most often used) have 1 shot to head and rifles still tank?
Why can someone hipfire a MP40 at the general direction of the head to easily kill, yet someone that's actually trying to ADS with a rifle shoots pea's?
Why do MG's have a crazy fast reload, yet rifles that have 6x less ammo in the clip and take longer? Look at shotguns, they have a 5 shell reload. It feels like everything is buffed except for rifles.

Cool, people want to complain about rifles and jump shotting?
Make the mg's less accurate at hip and take away the 1 shot kills to head with them.
Borch
!OHMY! Executive Admin
!OHMY! Executive Admin

Post by Borch »

Since the server has been having more difficulty getting filled up to start playing, I have turned OFF the nine minute kick, so you can hang out and get something going.