Attendance

Moderators: Borch, Executive Admin - !OHMY!, 4-Star Admin - |OHMY|

Homestar
[OHMY] Member
[OHMY] Member

Attendance

Post by Homestar »

Hello all
Is attendance up to par or less players than usual?
The map pack was changed two weeks ago and I’m getting black screen ever since.
Wondering if others are also experiencing the issue.
I’m admittedly too lazy to fix it again.
Eventually I will when I have the ambition.

Hope all else is well.
Borch
!OHMY! Executive Admin
!OHMY! Executive Admin

Re: Attendance

Post by Borch »

Nobody else has said they have that problem, but the problem is caused by incompatible files being loaded before the map.

To discover what that file is, you need to look in the console, but the problem is, if the map causes the game to go black, you cannot get to the console. So to bypass that, make a keybinding in your config file, which is in the "play" folder, next to your main folder. (note that the main folder is where the offending file(s) will be).

what I have is this binding, in the config_mp.cfg file
to dump the console:

bind ] "condump theconsoledump"

so the theory is to hit the ] key and it should dump the console to the file "theconsoledump." Then open that with wordpad or some text processor.

Then you should be able to see a statement that says "file such and such violates blah blah." Remove that file (should be in the main folder).

Alternatively, you could delete all the short-named files in your main folder that end with IWD. Don't delete any IW01, IW02, etc., or LANGUAGE files. If you do delete any files, move them to another directory (saved_main) or something like that, so that if your game stops working you can put them back.
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
Is life worth living? That depends on the liver.
Homestar
[OHMY] Member
[OHMY] Member

Re: Attendance

Post by Homestar »

I will give that a whirl.
Thanks for your time and effort replying!

Dean