The reason Russia attacked Ukraine

Moderators: Borch, Executive Admin - !OHMY!, 4-Star Admin - |OHMY|

Homestar
[OHMY] Member
[OHMY] Member

The reason Russia attacked Ukraine

Post by Homestar »

This video was released last week from The Robert Schuman Centre ( University.)
The Centre is named after an accomplished yet political man. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Schuman
I believe he was twice Prime minister of France, and was a founder of the EU among many other accomplishments. That being said.
Take the information filled video with a grain of salt.
It blames America for the invasion on Ukraine which may absolutely be true but I find universities adopt a blame America first mentality anyway, so I watched the video with a skeptic’s ear.
After watching the video It makes good sense.
Remembering I am often easily swayed but It still makes a lot of sense.
Judge the information for yourself. Of course.
If the war escalates into WWIII and some are questioning why. Why did this all happen?
You must learn as much as possible.
Learning only from American media is often two faced or lying information causing confusion, speculation and spreading of rumors.
Enjoy the featured presentation
https://youtu.be/qciVozNtCDM

Be safe
Borch
!OHMY! Executive Admin
!OHMY! Executive Admin

Re: The reason Russia attacked Ukraine

Post by Borch »

The first thing that we must remember is that anyone is able to obtain a PhD, all it takes is money, a willingness to devote a lot of time into a process of obtaining one, and the ability to convince a professor that you can learn to think like them. Then you are a PhD, and what you say is given extra credence, even if your understanding of a situation is flawed—finding the "long pole in the tent" of any situation is difficult.

Also remember that there are a multitude of influences on any human action, these combine to help us decide to do things to either:
a. get something
b. avoid something
or both.

So in the beginning the professor starts saying "Biden this" and "Biden that". We must remember that Biden was President for less than a year before the Russian roll-up to their invasion started, and even so, they invaded Crimea long before, during Obama's tenure, and continued to build it up during Trump's Presidency. Biden did one major thing: confirmed our dedication to NATO. Of course, our military-industrial complex is interested in keeping military expenditures ongoing, and so it benefits them, but NATO also helps to stabilize Europe, which had been where WW I and WW II started.

Recognize that Trump had multiple "private" conversations with Putin, without anyone from the US government there to be able to notate or assist Trump in his negotiations with Putin—after one of which, at Helsinki, he gave credence to things that Putin said over our own intelligence operations. Note that during one of these conversations, he gave away top-secret information, which had been provided by the Israelis, to Putin. I can only guess at what was discussed, especially considering Trump's indebtedness to Russia, but I suspect that Trump said something to the effect, "I don't care about NATO or Ukraine, you are our buddy now." Biden put a stop to this.

It must also be observed that the USA has put pressure on Russia by supporting Ukraine and its possible entry into NATO, but at the same time, Russian has been putting pressure on the USA by putting pressure on Ukraine, yet we did not attack. If we had attacked, would it have been Russia's fault because they made us uneasy? No. Couple that with NATO's structure as a DEFENSIVE pact, not an offensive pact, and Russian really had nothing to worry about from NATO, had it not had any intent to reach out and take neighboring countries. However, Russia HAS had intent on taking neighboring countries—Chechnya, Georgia, and making a satellite of Syria.

Recent Russian Federation aggression is listed on this wikipedia page.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_w ... 1–present)

So what was Putin getting or avoiding? By taking the eastern provinces of Ukraine, he would obtain a greater path to the Black Sea, along with the substantial ports that Ukraine has, and it would also obtain the bread-basket of Europe.

I suspect that Putin had designs on Ukraine and when Biden was elected, he saw the direction that was being taken by NATO and the USA, and he wanted to try to obtain Ukraine before the NATO alliance was fully restored. However, it is evident that he did not anticipate the dedication of the USA to helping Ukraine, in the face of a cowardly attack from Russia. "I've got nukes," has been Russia's trump card, but it isn't working, because if they use it, they are incinerated.
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
Is life worth living? That depends on the liver.
Homestar
[OHMY] Member
[OHMY] Member

Re: The reason Russia attacked Ukraine

Post by Homestar »

I'm so impressed with your knowledge of global issues.
I learned so much from you that I did some research just to catch up with you.
I'm not sure if I have the correct world views but it seems if I purposefully oversimplify the issues to make a broader analogy the story would sound something like this. Imagining for argument that there was just one gigantic police station with 1 million police officers.
They provide safety for every one of us. They serve every one. At the same time they are incredibly corrupt and above the law dragging them self down and everybody else along with them. NATO seems corrupt, Putin and the USA all seem corrupt. What the heck was Biden's son doing. Ukraine's election and political system are so corrupt, NATO had a big issue even allowing Ukraine to join as a member of NATO. Omg. Not to pick on the Biden's for my own political views but dang, Everything is so corrupt I'm having a time sorting it all out.
PS, Oligarch's secret meetings are not helping the situation or my trust level.